The PowerPoint files below are the same ones used in class.
- Use them to support your learning of some key quotations from the literature texts.
- Develop your revision by thinking about how you could apply the different quotations to different themes or ideas (i.e. do they link to death, love etc.)
- Finally, look closely at the quotations to see if you can identify any language features (nouns, adverbs, similes, alliteration etc.)
R&J Quotation Revision – 1
Sign of Four Quotation Revision – 1
Animal Farm Revision PPT 1
3 Text mix
Power and Conflict Poems – Key poems and key quotations
ANALYSIS SKILLS SUPPORT GRID
Both exams – language and literature - require pupils to:
- select evidence (quotations)
- identify explicit and implicit ideas
- identify and analyse language features
- compare texts
The grid – here – can be used to support the practise of these skills in a structured way. Choose any two texts / poems and apply the sheet to them.
EXAMPLE EXAM PAPERS
There are TWO English Literature papers.
Remind yourselves of the structure, timings and layout of the exam by referring to these to example papers:
POWER & CONFLICT POETRY
Pupils have been working through a booklet of tasks to support their understanding of this selection of poems.
The revision sheets from this booklet can be downloaded HERE.
CORE TEXTS – EXIT TESTS
Use these tests to check your understanding of the novels studied. You may have used these already as end of unit tests in your class, but they will support your revision effectively.